GLUTEN FREE RECIPE
(For optimum digestion and nutrition, soak millet for 7 hours or more with 1 cup water and 2 TB yogurt or lemon juice. Once soaked, discard water) Millet is one of the few grains that doesn’t necessarily require soaking.
- 1 cup millet cooked
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup currants or dried blueberries
- 1/3 cup goat feta
- 6 TB mint (handful)
- 6 TB parsley (handful)
- 1/3 cup toasted sunflower seeds or pine nuts
- Wash and rinse millet. Dry toast for a few minutes until fragrant, then add 2 cups water and ½ tsp salt. Bring to boil and simmer for 20- 22 minutes.
- Let millet cool for 5 minutes and add olive oil and lemon juice. Add sunflower seeds to a pan and dry toast on medium heat while moving with a wooden spoon. Turn off once about half have turned brown.
- Combine currants, goat feta, mint, parsley and sunflower seeds or pine nuts to millet. Mix.