Cortisol, released in response to stress, is mainly produced by theadrenal cortex. Intra-abdominal adipocytes also produce cortisol. In a recent study, Sensoril®ashwagandha extract promoted relaxation and maintained healthy cortisol and C-reactive protein levels. Subjects in this randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled study reported support for healthy sleep, positive mood and cognitive function. The effects were most pronounced for subjects taking 500 mg per day compared to lesser doses. Rhodiola and magnolia may also maintain healthy adrenal cortisol activity and offer support for stress, mood and emotional well-being.l-Theanine supports normal brain alpha-wave activity, helping calm the sympathetic nervous system for a relaxing effect. Recent research suggests that maintaining healthy vitamin D levels supports normal cortisol production within abdominal adipocytes.
Amount Per Serving
two vegetable capsules contain:
- vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) (D3)800 i.u.
- Sensoril® ashwagandha 500 mg.(withania somnifera) extract (root and leaf)
- rhodiola (rhodiola rosea) extract (root)250 mg. (standardized to contain 3% total rosavins and min. 1% salidrosides)
- magnolia (magnolia officinalis) extract (bark)200 mg.(standardized to contain 2% honokiol)
- l-theanine100 mg.
- ascorbyl palmitate (fat-soluble vitamin C)20 mg.
other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
1 capsule in the morning and 1 capsule in the evening, with meals.
Do not take if pregnant or lactating.