DHEA, dehydroepiandrosterone, is the most abundant adrenal steroid hormone in the body. After it is made by the adrenal glands, it travels into cells throughout the body, where it is converted into androgens and estrogens. These hormones regulate fat and mineral metabolism, endocrine and reproductive function, and energy levels. The amount of each hormone to which DHEA converts to depends on an individual’s biochemistry, age and sex. DHEA levels peak around age 25 and then decline steadily. DHEA supplementation supports emotional well-being and immune function.‡
- Amount Per Serving
- each vegetarian capsule contains:
- DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone, C19H28O2) (micronized)5 mg
- other ingredients: hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
- Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. Consult a health professional before taking this or any other product. See full warning.
- 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, with meals, or as directed by your health professional.