- 2 TB butter
- 6 cups chopped carrots
- 2 yellow onions chopped
- 2 lemon thyme sprigs (or regular thyme)
- 4 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- Lemon juice to taste
- Yogurt or cream
- Add butter to four quart or larger pot. Place onions and thyme in the pot and sauté until soft.
- Add carrots for five minutes.
- Add broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the ginger and stir.
- Once cool, transfer to a blender
- Add salt and lemon juice to taste
- Add yogurt or cream.
Use cilantro instead of lemon and ginger. Add a handful to the soup before blending.