3 Tbsp. butter
1 small yellow onion
6-7 diced crimini mushrooms
1/2 lb organic chicken livers
1 garlic clove minced
1/2 tsp. dill
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/3 cup white wine
Juice of 1 lemon wedge
1. Sauté onion until soft.
2. Add mushrooms and sauté until soft.
2. Add chicken livers, garlic clove, dill and mustard and simmer until cooked.
3. Add wine and juice of 1 lemon wedge.
4. Cook until just a little bit of the liquid is left.
5. Blend in a blender and add salt to taste.
Keep in the refrigerator and eat within 5 days or freeze. Serve on toasted sourdough bread or crackers of choice (ideally sourdough, sprouted or Flackers made from flax seeds).