Here is a recipe for a full meal:
- 2 6 ounce filets of wild salmon
- 2-4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 TB fresh ginger grated (or more)
- Juice of one lemon wedge
- Pastured butter (just add a few small slices)
Add garlic, ginger, lemon juice, butter and sprinkle salt on salmon. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, then broil for 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- 1 cup cooked Red Quinoa (Ideally soak 7-24 hours with 1 TB lemon juice or 2 TB yogurt, longer is better for quinoa) (Peruvians consider quinoa toxic unless it has been properly soaked before cooking)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
Simmer for 20 minutes or until all water has been absorbed.
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 TB sesame seeds
- 1 TB coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 carrots chopped
- Sesame Tahini
- Saute kale, sesame seeds and carrots for 3-5 minutes, just until the kale gets a little cooked.
- Place quinoa on a plate, place kale, sesame seeds and carrots on top of the quinoa, then place the salmon filet on top of that. Drizzle a little sesame tahini over the dish, and more lemon juice if desired. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- I order wild salmon from Vital Choice because it tests very low in mercury, tastes amazing and you get a deal when you buy in bulk.