- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 garlic clove
- Grind of pepper
- pinch of cumin
- splash of honey (I had previously put agave as part of this recipe which you can still use because it is in such a small amount, but for those preferring to avoid it completely you can use honey)
- small handful cilantro
Blend all together in a food processor.
- 4 Spelt or brown rice tortillas
- ½ pound Alaskan halibut
- 1 bottle 505 organic green chili sauce
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 green zucchini squash
- 2 yellow zucchini squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 block grated goat cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions
- 1 lime (optional)
- Cover halibut with salt, pepper and olive oil. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes
- Chop zucchini, bell pepper and onion.
- Sauté vegetables with olive oil, salt, pepper and 1/2 tsp ground cumin until soft. Set aside
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- When the halibut is done, pull apart into strands. Set aside
- In a glass dish, pour a little enchilada sauce to cover the bottom of the pan
- Combine halibut, vegetables and grated cheese in a tortilla. Add small but equal amounts of enchilada sauce and cilantro lime sauce over the halibut.
- Roll and place creased side down.
- Grate cheese over the tops of the enchiladas.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350.
- Remove and add the rest of the cilantro lime sauce over the top of the tortillas. Chop scallions and cilantro and add to the top. Place a dollap of sour cream in the middle and add a slice of avocado.
I prefer to order Alaskan halibut from Vital Choice because it tests very low in mercury and you can get a deal on larger orders.