GLUTEN FREE RECIPE
Prep time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Makes 6 – 8 Servings
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock or water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup wild rice (black ½ inch long)
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- ½ cup chopped Italian Parsley
- 1 bunch kale or swiss chard finely chopped (6 pieces)
- 1/3 cup currants
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or sunflower seeds(toasted)
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1/3 cup goat feta
- 1 small fennel bulb diced (core removed)
- Bring water to a boil. Add butter and rice. Bring to a boil again, cover, lower heat, and simmer 60 to 65 minutes. Make sure all of the water is absorbed by tipping the pan to one side to check for pooled liquid.
- Add garlic, fennel, red pepper, carrot, parsley, swiss chard, currants and pine nuts to a bowl. Add olive oil and lemon juice to a cup and mix, then and pour and toss thoroughly.
- When the rice cools to room temperature, toss it with the vegetables. Taste the salad and adjust seasonings; some extra salt and/or lemon may be required.