I recently improvised this one and enjoyed it so much that I made it twice in a row and had it for lunch and dinner every day. This is extremely high in anti-cancer compounds in leeks, garlic, kale and maitake mushrooms, CLA from pastured lamb, and cinnamon and turmeric. This is an excellent holiday meal on a cold night, or to enjoy anytime of the year.
- 1 spoonful reserved bacon fat (optional)
- Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1 leek sliced
- 3 medium to large carrots sliced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 bunch maitake mushrooms
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 lbs. lamb stew meat
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Kale for garnish
- Add bacon fat and drizzle olive oil in a pot. Add leeks, carrots and celery and simmer for about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, peel sweet potatoes and dice them. Place them in a steaming basket and steam for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Add diced maitake, portobello and garlic for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add lamb, cinnamon, turmeric, cumin salt and pepper . Cover the pot and stir occasionally for 5-7 minutes until the meat is cooked.
- Once sweet potatoes are done, mash them in a bowl and add coconut oil.
- Serve by adding mashed sweet potatoes to a plate or bowl, and scooping the lamb vegetable mixture on top. Garnish with kale around it.