GLUTEN FREE RECIPE (with flour substitution)
(For optimum digestion and nutrition, soak oats for 8 hours or more with 1 1/2 cup water and 2 TB yogurt or lemon juice. Once soaked, discard water) For more information on soaking, read the article “Why to Soak Grains, Nuts and Seeds)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup spelt flour (Use Pamela’s gluten free baking mix for substitution)
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 apple finely chopped
- Handful raisins
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 300
- Combine oats, flour, cinnamon, salt, apple, and raisins.
- In a separate bowl, add melted butter, vanilla, maple syrup and egg. Mix.
- Add dry and wet ingredients together, form into small cookies and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes.