1 tablespoon olive oil
1 white or yellow onion
4 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
2 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
4 quarts bone broth
1 package Tinkyada brown rice noodles
1.5-2lbs grass-fed top sirloin steak cut into strips
1 bunch cilantro chopped
4 green onions
1 tablespoon fish sauce
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute onions and carrots in olive oil until soft.
2. Add spices, ginger and garlic for a few more minutes.
3. Add bone broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook noodles in a separate pot per instructions.
5. After 20 minutes, add sliced sirloin steak and simmer until cooked.
6. Turn off heat, add fish sauce, cilantro, lime and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve with chopped green onions.