Preparation time: 20-25 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 ounce package soba noodles
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- Steamed cabbage and sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons organic Tamari
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- (You may want to double all of this)
- Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse in colander. To toast sesame seed, place in a dry skillet over medium heat. Keep seeds moving until they give off aroma, pop and begin to change color. Remove and set aside.
- Combine dressing ingredients (toasted sesame oil, tamari, vinegar, maple syrup in a small bowl and mix together. Place drained noodles in a large bowl. Add dressing, cilantro and sesame seeds; toss gently.
- Grass-Fed Beef: Add some of the dressing to a 1/2 pound of grass-fed flank steak, then pan-sear it and broil it for 7 minutes.
- Slice beef, and combine with ingredients. Also add steamed cabbage, red onions or any other additions.