1 package Westbrae Tempeh
Swiss cheese (or other cheese)
1 garlic clove minced
2 handfuls shitake mushrooms
Optional bread (you can make this protein style as well)
1. Saute shitake mushrooms in a combination of olive oil and butter. Place to the side.
2. Add coconut oil to a pan. Slice the tempeh vertically in half so you have two thin halves and place in the pan. Brown tempeh on each side, about 3-5 minutes per side on medium heat.
3. Take tempeh out and place cheese on top so it will melt.
4. Quick guacamole: Mash avocado, add minced garlic, lemon juice and salt to taste.
5. Add guacamole to tempeh, then place shiitakes on top with sauerkraut.