The reality of our world today is that our ocean has become so polluted that we have to be careful with choosing the fish we eat. Eating lower on the food chain is smart because there will be fewer amounts of toxins and heavy metals. Bringing back sardines to the the table will help you get the much needed omega-3’s without the concern of high levels of mercury and PCB’s.
- 2 slices whole grain bread (fresh baked or baguettes will taste the best)
- Butter and olive oil
- 1 can sardines
- 1 onion diced into half moons
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 8 Kalamata olives chopped
- Small pinch arame seaweed
- Small handful chopped parsley
- In one pan, add onions to butter and olive oil. Saute on low heat until golden.
- Put arame into water for 10 minutes then drain. Saute for the last few minutes with the onions.
- In another pan, add butter and toast bread on each side in butter.
- To the bread, add the onions, arame, sardines, garlic, olives and parsley.